Summer School 2023
AniMove 2023 in Canada
We are pleased to announce that AniMove 2023 will take place from 7 August until 18 August 2023 at the University of British Columbia, Okanagan Campus, in Canada.
Experience a summer program with leading researchers, expand your knowledge and take the opportunity to form networks and friendships with academics and students from around the world.
Time until application deadline for AniMove 2023
UBC’s Okanagan campus in Kelowna is a four-hour drive from Vancouver. Set in picturesque, temperate wine country, Okanagan is a beautiful campus looking out over Lake Okanagan, which is a haven for water-sports fans.
The nearest airport is Kelowna International Airport (YLW) which is only 2 minutes by car.
Requirements for application
- Letter of interest including your expectations towards the course
- Your CV
- A description of your data and research questions that you hope to address during Animove
People with advanced to very advanced programming skill level in R.
PhD, PostDoc, Professionals
Workshop fees are $3,400 Canadian
The fees include:
- Instruction, course participation and course material
- Interesting evening plenary talks
- Accomodation in four bedroom suites for 13 nights
- Welcome Dinner and Farewell Dinner
- Meals and drinks (non-alcoholic beverages) for the two weeks (breakfast, lunch, dinner, coffee/tea, snacks, and refreshments)
AniMove is a non-profit initiative, all lecturers are not paid. Fees are only used to cover expenses.
- Remote sensing
- Movement Ecology
- Movement analysis
- Continuous time movement models
- GPS logger data manipulation, raster data classification
- Visualisation of movement and environmental data
- Limited to 20 to 24 participants
- Two week course where total teaching hours (including lectures, seminars and independent work) amounts to 120 hours.
- The course is centered around on-hands working on own data sets.
- The first week is more teaching heavy, to bring all the participants up to the same level, while the second week is focusing on working on the data sets that the participants have brought along to work with. An advanced to very advanced programming skill level in R is required from the participants.
- Saturday and Sunday are at your free disposal