Summer School 2023 in Kelowna, Canada
Our workshop took place from 7 August until 18 August 2023 at the University of British Columbia, Okanagan Campus, in Kelowna / Canada.
A summer programme with leading researchers to expand your knowledge and to take the opportunity to form networks and friendships with academics and students from around the world.
All AniMovers in 2023
Requirements for application
- Letter of interest including your expectations towards the course
- Your CV
- A description of your data and research questions that you hope to address during Animove
People with advanced to very advanced programming skill level in R.
PhD, PostDoc, Professionals
Workshop fees are $3,400 Canadian
The fees include:
- Instruction, course participation and course material
- Interesting evening plenary talks
- Accomodation in four bedroom suites for 13 nights
- Welcome Dinner and Farewell Dinner
- Meals and drinks (non-alcoholic beverages) for the two weeks (breakfast, lunch, dinner, coffee/tea, snacks, and refreshments)
AniMove is a non-profit initiative, all lecturers are not paid. Fees are only used to cover expenses.
- Remote sensing
- Movement Ecology
- Movement analysis
- Continuous time movement models
- GPS logger data manipulation, raster data classification
- Visualisation of movement and environmental data
- Limited to 20 to 24 participants
- Two week course where total teaching hours (including lectures, seminars and independent work) amounts to 120 hours.
- The course is centered around on-hands working on own data sets.
- The first week is more teaching heavy, to bring all the participants up to the same level, while the second week is focusing on working on the data sets that the participants have brought along to work with. An advanced to very advanced programming skill level in R is required from the participants.
- Saturday and Sunday are at your free disposal